Hardy Plant Society: HPS: Photo Library
The Society has extensive collections of slides and digital images which have been donated by members. These are available, as described below.
Digital Image Library
Digital images are freely available for use by members and non-members of the Society, on condition that the Hardy Plant Society is acknowledged as the source whenever they are used.
To view a thumbnail-sized version of an image from the Library, please select the plant name in the list below. A number in square brackets [like this] after the plant name indicates that there is more than one image of that plant. The link will be to the first image, with the others immediately after it.
To obtain a higher resolution version without a watermark, please contact the Photo Librarian, giving both the name and number of the image(s) you want.
New contributions to the image library are always welcome, but please note that images donated to the library may be freely used as described above, so your individual copyright cannot be maintained. Your pictures need to show the best features of the plant and be accurately named.
We are particularly keen to receive pictures from the Images Wanted list.
If you have any pictures to donate please contact the Photo Librarian, who will be delighted to hear from you!
Images of specific plants although many of these images were taken in ordinary gardens and may include other plants etc.
Images where a named plant is not normally the main subject.
We also have a large collection of 35mm slides that are available to speakers on free loan. Please see the slide catalogue (pdf file) for more details.
In addition to the individual slides listed in the catalogue, a number of prepared sets and presentations are available, including:
Prepared lecture slides
- Botanical (12 slides)
- Container Planting (55)
- Cottage Garden (6)
- Eel Worms in Penstemons (15)
- Foliage Effects (50)
- Garden Views (304)
- The Hardy Plant Society (23 +53 of the HPS Garden at Pershore)
- Herbaceous Borders (34)
- Monocolour Borders(16)
- Notable Gardens (282) - (not necessarily views of plantings)
- Plant Groupings (295)
- Roses (50)
- Trees (170)
- Water Gardens (90)
- The Winter Garden (44)
- Wildlife in the Garden (24)
Please contact the Photo Librarian
- Hardy Perennials for all Seasons.
- Hellebores in the Winter Garden.
- Snowdrops and Hellebores and their Winter Companions.
- Stripes, Splashes and Spots – Is Variegation Attractive.
- Perennials, Past, Present and Future.
- Hardy Geraniums – Controlling a Passion.
- Heucheras and their Relatives.
- The Garden in Autumn and Winter.
- Plant Arranging in the Garden.
- A Garden on Chalk.
- Ten of the Best Perennials.
to discuss your requirements.